Congratulations to Carey Pawlowski who entered our Dungeness crab recipe contest which ran this spring. She won a $50 dinner certificate for Sam’s Chowder House, a $40 certificate for a kayak rental from Half Moon Bay Kayak Co. and a night’s lodging at the Half Moon Bay Lodge.
Easy Cheesy Crab Puffs
8 ounces Dungeness crab meat
8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature (can use light or fat-free if preferred)
1 bunch finely chopped scallions
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
2) Mix the Dungeness crab meat, cream cheese, and scallions in a bowl.
3) Separate crescent rolls into individual triangles.
4) Spoon a dollop of crab mixture onto each triangle.
5) Wrap the ends of the crescent roll dough over the crab mixture, encasing the crab mixture completely by the dough.
6) Bake at 375 F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve as an appetizer or as a main dish with a green salad on the side. Enjoy!
Consider purchasing your crab right from the boats at the Pillar Point Harbor in Half Moon Bay.