Larry Shoenberger has been captivated by the “green flash” that occasionally appears at sunset. In his DVD, California Coastal Sunset Light Shows, he has put together a collection of photographs taken on the San Mateo County Coastside around Half Moon Bay.
Another familiar figure on the Coastside is modern jazz composer and Grammy Award nominee Terry Disley. He performs weekly at the Miramar Beach Restaurant in Half Moon Bay.
If you love the Coastside, beaches and sunsets you will enjoy this production. It makes a great gift and would make a great teaching tool. Shoenberger has a down-to-earth style as he narrates the science behind the sunsets.
They can be found at:
• Bay Book Company, at Strawflower Shopping Center, Half Moon Bay.
• Coastside Books, in downtown Half Moon Bay.
• Harbor Books, in the Shoppes at Harbor Village, Princeton Harbor.
• The Music Hut, downtown Half Moon Bay.
• Ritz-Carlton Hotel gift shop, Half Moon Bay.
• The Squash Blossom, downtown Half Moon Bay.
• Kepler’s Books in Menlo Park