Posts Tagged ‘ingested’

Keep Your Pet Safe This Holiday Season

Tuesday, December 7th, 2010

As I took a photo of one of my cats today, I was reminded as I’m preparing to start to decorate my tree tonight that we should “pet proof” our homes in the same way we “kid proof” them.

Whatever we use to decorate for the holidays, let’s think about whether that dried flower or artificial pine cone could harm our pet, if our pet chewed on it. There are usually a lot more wax candles around at holiday time and wax can make an animal sick. And the tree can be a huge problem.

Try to keep the ornaments that could be harmful high and out of reach. If you use an artificial tree, make sure your pets are not chewing on the branches. I read in the past that there is a bitter apple spray that can be used to help eliminate chewing.

Do you have any tips that have worked for you? Contact us. We would love to hear from you about ways you keep your pets safe.